When you submit a Technical Support request, it helps to provide as much information as possible.
This allows us to fully diagnose the issue and provide you with a fast response.
Examples of Information that we need
Note: This is not an exhaustive list and some of the details may not be applicable for your products - use common sense when deciding what information to submit!
- Full description of the issue and how you are trying to use the device
- Firmware versions of the products
- Controller make and firmware version that you are using
- Details on how the device has been configured
- Screenshots of the device’s settings in your Controller
- Photos of how you have the device wired or physically installed
- Details on any additional hardware connected, for example what type of switch you are using
- Information of any associations, pairings or scenes that may be controlling the device
Why do we need this?
The more information you give us, the easier it is for us to understand how the device is configured and what could be causing the issue.
Our responses will be delayed if you do not provide as much information as possible.
If you do not provide the requested information, we may not be able to help you.
What’s covered by Vesternet Technical Support?
All details of what our technical support offers are shown in “What does Vesternet’s Technical Support cover?”
How do I take a screenshot
Screenshots provide us with a lot of information, which enables us to quickly see what is happening in your system
- Print Screen button (top row) - take a screenshot of your entire screen
- Print Screen + ‘Alt’ - screenshot of active window
- Cmd + Shift + 3 - take a screenshot of your entire screen
- Cmd + Shift + 4 - screenshot of selected area